Fincent is a new age finance firm whose mission is to bring financial and accounting services into the modern era. We like to think of ourselves as all of the good parts of a startup, without the downsides. We're a tight-knit team of smart, friendly people solving problems together with a shared passion for design, technology and creativity.
Fincent stands at the intersection of neo-banking and SaaS and aims to be a complete financial hub for SMBs. We offer an AI-powered finance team with a real-time dashboard to manage all the finance functions for your business on one platform - bookkeeping, yearly taxes, bill payments & invoicing, financial projections & budgeting, reimbursements and more.
If you are someone who thrives in a dynamic and collaborative workplace, Fincent provides an environment where you will be challenged and inspired daily.
As part of our Finance Operations (FinOps) team, you will work with operational leadership, our finance and product teams to provide and enhance core business services that are the backbone of Fincent and its payment platform.
Whether managing the entire payment gateway reconciliation process, preparing MIS reports related to PG reconciliation or leveraging the power of advanced data analytics and automation; you bring your passion and hands-on to this role; and go above and beyond in creating strong processes that account for implications, risks and controls.
• As a Senior Accountant - Payments, you are responsible for managing and driving the entire payments reconciliation process along with billing & reporting
• Responsible for publishing MIS / Daily dashboard and keeping consistent follow-up with respective stake holders towards closure. Responsible for matching the transactions from Inflow/Outflow reports and highlight exceptions to respective teams for actioning
• Collaborating with internal departments for smooth payment operations and driving timely closure/actionable of reconciliation open items (transaction level)
• Highlighting risk and deviations in the PG reconciliation process to respective stakeholders, Automating the entire payment gateway reconciliation process. Ensuring there are no collection leakages, verifying and Processing PG invoices (on gross settlement, net settlement)
• At least 5+ years of experience in payments gateway reconciliations and relevant accounting / reporting experience
• An enthusiastic "roll up your sleeves" mentality
• The ability to groom, mentor, and build out a payments recon team
• Experience in the payments industry and payments platform: e,g: Stripe, Square, Shopify, Amazon Pay, Paypal, Visa, Mastercard
• High emotional quotient, excellent written and verbal communication skills and attention to detail. Ability to communicate to clients, leadership, and internal stakeholders
• You have experience working with cross functional global teams while multitasking several clients / projects. Experience working with US clients is an added advantage.
• You are open to working in rotational shifts.
This is not the first company for this founding team, and we know how to build sustainable teams by investing in great people, benefits, professional development, and work/life balance.
As an early member of the team, you'll be an influencer and a key contributor to driving the success & growth of a company that's changing what's possible in the industry.
If you want to work in a cutting-edge environment that will challenge you to relentlessly build a world leading financial OS for SMBs, where each day is different from the next, adn your learning never ends - then join us for a cup of coffee and an exploratory discussion.
You can learn more about us on www.fincent.com or reach out to us on email@example.com