Senior iOS Engineer
Fincent is a new age finance firm whose mission is to bring financial and accounting services into the modern era. We like to think of ourselves as all of the good parts of a startup, without the downsides. We're a tight-knit team of smart, friendly people solving problems together with a shared passion for design, technology and creativity.
Fincent stands at the intersection of neo-banking and SaaS and aims to be a complete financial hub for SMBs. We offer an AI-powered finance team with a real-time dashboard to manage all the finance functions for your business on one platform - bookkeeping, yearly taxes, bill payments & invoicing, financial projections & budgeting, reimbursements and more.
Fincent is growing fast, which means that our core teams must constantly be evolving to sustain and further this growth.
About the role
As a Senior iOS Engineer at Fincent, you'll be working with bright colleagues in multiple tech disciplines to continuously deliver the fintech industry's best experience to our customers. You'll work on a team of mobile engineers in India and Europe. Our domains include bookkeeping, payments and banking. We make use of SwiftUI, our project uses SwiftPackage Manager exclusively, and we are always pushing to adopt the latest innovations in iOS.
What you'll be working on
- Ensuring our iOS tech stack stays current; adopting the latest language and framework advances sooner rather than years later is our philosophy.
- Lend your expertise to interesting challenges like image and video capture and upload, offline persistence and syncing, large file storage, code modularization, backwards and forwards compatibility, and more.
- Be a major contributor to a fast-growing fintech product and have a significant impact on customer experience.
- Work closely with our best-in-class mobile engineers to continuously sharpen each other's skills through code reviews, pair programming and agile delivery methodologies.
- Implement features using bleeding-edge Apple frameworks like SwiftUI and ARKit.
- Collaborate with backend team members to define data models and responses for client consumption.
What makes you a great fit
- 6+ years of iOS experience shipping production apps to stores
- Strong Swift experience. Objective-C experience is a plus.
- Very comfortable consuming backend data services. Exposure to full-stack or backend technologies preferred
- Proven SwiftUI experience, with an emphasis on view/view controller life-cycles, and MVC/MVVM design patterns. Deep understanding of UIKit is a plus
- Strong data modelling skills with an emphasis on offline data retrieval and object relationships.
- Solid understanding of OOP design patterns and iOS app architecture.
- Experience with one or more modern persistence frameworks (realm, core data, etc).
- Experience with Mobile CI/CD solutions (Bit-rise, Jenkins, Xcode Server) with an emphasis on continuous testing and verification.
- A working understanding of the entire mobile development lifecycle from requirements gathering to production deployment. Strong knowledge of mobile development constraints and unique technical considerations.
- Ability to articulate mobile-specific challenges and opportunities to technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Comfortable collaborating with and mentoring less experienced engineers on best practices and architectures.
- Good communication and documentation skills.
- Consistently looking for new challenges and opportunities for growth that extend beyond role.
- An eye for good iOS UI/UX and not afraid to be an expert in this domain.
- Good working knowledge of XCTest framework and techniques for making code properly testable.
- Not afraid to do a cross-platform POCs in upcoming technologies.
What's in it for you?
If you’re someone who thrives in a dynamic and collaborative workplace, Fincent provides an environment where you will be challenged and inspired daily.
This is not the first company for this founding team, and we know how to build sustainable teams by investing in great people, benefits, professional development and work/life balance. As an early member of the team you’ll be an influencer and a key contributor to driving the success & growth of a company that's changing what's possible in the industry.
If you want to work in a cutting-edge environment that will challenge you to relentlessly build a world leading financial OS for SMBs, where each day is different from the next and your learning never ends – then join us for a cup of coffee and an exploratory discussion.
Share your story and resume with us on email@example.com and tell us why!