Senior Accountant – F&A Ops
Fincent is a new age finance firm whose mission is to bring financial and accounting services into the modern era. We like to think of ourselves as all of the good parts of a startup, without the downsides. We're a tight-knit team of smart, friendly people solving problems together with a shared passion for design, technology and creativity.
Fincent stands at the intersection of neo-banking and SaaS and aims to be a complete financial hub for SMBs. We offer an AI-powered finance team with a real-time dashboard to manage all the finance functions for your business on one platform - bookkeeping, yearly taxes, bill payments & invoicing, financial projections & budgeting, reimbursements and more.
Fincent is growing fast, which means that our core teams must constantly be evolving to sustain and further this growth.
About the role
As a Senior Accountant, you will be responsible for preparing, reviewing, and analyzing financial statements for our US clients. Whether performing record to report (r2r) function or leveraging the power of advanced data analytics, artificial intelligence, and automation; you bring your passion and hands-on to this role; and go above and beyond in providing our clients seamless accounting and bookkeeping
What you'll be working on
- As a Senior Accountant (F&A) Operations, you would be working in record to report (R2R) process that includes demonstration and knowledge of end-to-end accounting cycle in Quick Books. Collecting, processing and delivering relevant, timely and accurate information that is used for providing strategic, financial, and operational reporting to our clients.
- We are looking for a high performing individual whose expertise lies in posting, preparing journal entries and balance sheet reconciliations, reconcile subledger to general ledger, preparing cash forecasting statements, support month end closing, preparing reports, providing statutory / tax audit support.
- Deliver Client Delight – deliver prompt & consistently high-quality service while ensuring client Service Level Agreements (SLAs) and timelines are met with. Be a trusted advisor and act as a clear contact point for the client to facilitate resolution of issues.
- Process Improvement - work closely with Operations and Product teams on analysing data while streamlining and automating repetitive accounting processes.
- Understand improvement projects and implement them, including simplifications and enhanced controls.
What makes you a great fit
- At least 5 years of relevant experience. Having prior experience of automating accounting processes is an added advantage.
- Mastery of accounting software QuickBooks and knowledge of applications integrated to it. QuickBooks certified ProAdvisor / Advanced certification preferred.
- Strong domain knowledge and solid foundation of bookkeeping, accounting & financial procedures for US (GAAP).
- Certified IFRS (International Financial Reporting Standards) is an added advantage.
- High emotional quotient, excellent written and verbal communication skills and attention to detail.
- You have experience working with cross functional global teams while multitasking several clients / projects. Experience working with US clients is an added advantage.
- You are open to working in rotational shifts.
What's in it for you?
If you’re someone who thrives in a dynamic and collaborative workplace, Fincent provides an environment where you will be challenged and inspired daily.
This is not the first company for this founding team, and we know how to build sustainable teams by investing in great people, benefits, professional development and work/life balance. As an early member of the team you’ll be an influencer and a key contributor to driving the success & growth of a company that's changing what's possible in the industry.
If you want to work in a cutting-edge environment that will challenge you to relentlessly build a world leading financial OS for SMBs, where each day is different from the next and your learning never ends – then join us for a cup of coffee and an exploratory discussion.
Share your story and resume with us on email@example.com and tell us why!