Associate Product Manager
Fincent is a new age finance firm whose mission is to bring financial and accounting services into the modern era. We like to think of ourselves as all of the good parts of a startup, without the downsides. We're a tight-knit team of smart, friendly people solving problems together with a shared passion for design, technology and creativity.
Fincent stands at the intersection of neo-banking and SaaS and aims to be a complete financial hub for SMBs. We offer an AI-powered finance team with a real-time dashboard to manage all the finance functions for your business on one platform - bookkeeping, yearly taxes, bill payments & invoicing, financial projections & budgeting, reimbursements and more.
Fincent is growing fast, which means that our core teams must constantly be evolving to sustain and further this growth.
About the role
- Explore and develop new product ideas through market and user research and competitive analysis
- Define business and technical requirements for new products and features through clear and precise user stories, use cases, product specifications, technical designs, and workflows
- Collaborate with the design team to create a simple, sleek and frictionless user experience
- Work closely with the engineering and design teams to identify feasible and scalable solutions, including technical designs, workflows and architecture.
- Determine requirements for integrating with external systems (Eg. External bookkeeping, financial, banking and payment systems)
- Collaborate with the engineering team throughout the end-to-end development process (Includes: discovery, design, spec’ing, developing, testing and launch)
- Work with the testing team to create test plans for product launch
- Oversee the product’s launch and go-live activities. (Includes: Testing, Training, Marketing roll-out)
What makes you a great fit
- Minimum 4 years of experience in an engineering or product management role
- Preferably from a payment, fintech, banking, compliance, and/or payment gateway background
- Experience with Quickbooks, Stripe or other payment processors is a plus
- Comfortable working in a tech driven environment, includes working with APIs and having technical discussions with engineering
- A self-starter with the ability to work on complex projects with limited resources and competing priorities
- Loves solving complex technical issues and is passionate about figuring out why things happen and how they should work
- Has a strong understanding of the product development lifecycle
- Experience working with remote teams and is comfortable working in unstructured and dynamic situations
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
What's in it for you?
If you’re someone who thrives in a dynamic and collaborative workplace, Fincent provides an environment where you will be challenged and inspired daily.
This is not the first company for this founding team, and we know how to build sustainable teams by investing in great people, benefits, professional development and work/life balance. As an early member of the team you’ll be an influencer and a key contributor to driving the success & growth of a company that's changing what's possible in the industry.
If you want to work in a cutting-edge environment that will challenge you to relentlessly build a world leading financial OS for SMBs, where each day is different from the next and your learning never ends – then join us for a cup of coffee and an exploratory discussion.
Share your story and resume with us on email@example.com and tell us why!